Frequently’s Frequently Asked Questions
1. From your Dashboard (frequently.io/dashboard), click Site Settings
2. Scroll down to the Custom Domain field and enter your domain name, without the protocol or any slashes, e.g. example.com, not http://example.com
3. Hit Save Changes and go back to Site Settings as in Step 1
4. You'll now see a yellow bar with a CNAME in it — enter this value in your domain's DNS manager
5. You'll now be able to access your Frequently FAQ using your custom domain name
Need help? We're just an email away at email@example.com
Frequently is 100% free to use. Add and edit questions, track helpful answers, edit unhelpful answers, and add your company's branding for free.
If you want to attach your custom domain and Google analytics, upgrade your account for $10/month.
Frequently is the easiest way for you to set up a FAQ page for your project or company.
We are going back to the basics to help you create and manage your projects FAQ pages – easily and affordably.
What Frequently isn’t:
- AI powered
- Feature bloated
- Confusing pricing based on seats, conversations, etc.
- A venture-backed company desperately needing to squeeze every penny out of you to return a profit to investors
What Frequently is:
- The easiest way to set up and manage FAQ pages for your side projects or companies
- 100% free to get started; no credit card required
- A small side project with hopes of making FAQ pages as simple and useful as they should be
Yes! If you upgrade your account for $10/month you can host a Frequently FAQ on your own domain.
A Pro Account also lets you attach your Google Analytics!
You can personalize your Frequently-powered FAQ page by selecting your primary color and uploading your own logo.
Frequently was created by Ryan Gilbert and Kyle Bragger.
You can include up to 14 Questions and Answers in your free Frequently FAQ.
If you want/need unlimited Q/As you can upgrade to a premium account for just $10/month!
The "Contact Us" button in the top right corner of your FAQ page is a useful way to interact with your users. If your users can't find a specific answer in your FAQ, they can use this form to send you a direct email to the email used when signing up for your Frequently account.
Just hit reply on the incoming email and you can begin a conversation to better help your user!